Connect to feedRealm is a mobile database: a replacement for SQLite and ORMs
Connect to feed
Realm is a mobile database that runs directly inside phones, tablets or wearables.
This repository holds the source code for the .NET / C# versions of Realm. Currently, we only support Xamarin, specifically Xamarin.iOS, and Xamarin.Android. We do plan to support Xamarin.Mac, UWP, and Unity in the future.
- Mobile-first: Realm is the first database built from the ground up to run directly inside phones, tablets and wearables.
- Simple: Data is directly exposed as objects and queryable by code, removing the need for ORM's riddled with performance & maintenance issues. Plus, we've worked hard to keep our API down to just 4 common classes (RealmObject, RealmList, RealmQuery and Realm): most of our users pick it up intuitively, getting simple apps up & running in minutes.
- Modern: Realm supports relationships, generics, vectorization and modern C# idioms.
- Fast: Realm is faster than even raw SQLite on common operations, while maintaining an extremely rich feature set.
Please see the detailed instructions in our User Guide to add Realm to your solution.
- Need help with your code?: Look for previous questions on the #realm tag ??? or ask a new question. We activtely monitor & answer questions on SO!
- Have a bug to report? Open an issue. If possible, include the version of Realm, a full log, the Realm file, and a project that shows the issue.
- Have a feature request? Open an issue. Tell us what the feature should do, and why you want the feature.
- Sign up for our Community Newsletter to get regular tips, learn about other use-cases and get alerted of blogposts and tutorials about Realm.
We highly recommend using our pre-build binaries via NuGet but you can also build from source.
- If you target Android/iOS via Xamarin: Xamarin Community or above.
- Windows platforms: Visual Studio 2015.
- Building Xamarin iOS apps also requires Xcode 7.1.
- Building Realm documentation requires Doxygen and Graphviz
We support the current Xamarin Stable update channel, at the time of release this corresponded to:
- Xamarin iOS version 184.108.40.206
- Xamarin Android version 220.127.116.11
- Xamarin Studio version 6.0.1
Note for Debugging that the following steps mention building for Release. If you are debugging, just substitute Debug and you probably also want to choose Debug | iPhoneSimulator as a platform.
- Open a terminal window in the
make all- this will probably download a current version of core binaries, unless you have built recently. The download and subsequent builds will take some time, depending on your system, as it builds a binary wrapper library for each platform including all Android CPU variations.
- Open the
Xamarin Studioon OS X
- Choose the Solution
Realmin the Solution navigator and context menu to
- platform popup Release | Default
Realm.PCLproject and Build
RealmWeaver.Fodyproject and Build
- select platform popup Release | ARM
Realm.XamarinAndroidproject and Build
- ensure you have an iOS device attached
- select platform popup Release | iPhone
Realm.XamarinIOSproject and Build
- Choose the Solution
- If you want to build the NuGet packages, go on from this point and follow the steps in
If you are actively testing code against the Realm source, see also the unit test projects and other tests under the Tests folder.
See CONTRIBUTING.md for more details!
Realm is published under the Apache 2.0 license.
The underlying core is available under the Realm Core Binary License while we work to open-source it under the Apache 2.0 license.
This product is not being made available to any person located in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or the Crimea region, or to any other person that is not eligible to receive the product under U.S. law.
And if you don't like it, please let us know what you would like improved, so we can fix it!